Tuesday, March 1, 2011

funny things are everywhere

Today was Cat in the Hat day.  I was most excited about this day because my assistant and I dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2!!!
I made the shirts last night.  I was up pretty late and kept asking myself why I still procrastinate!!!!  I am proud of how they turned out so it was worth the little sleep!
Our students loved the wigs and our outfits.  They referred to us as Thing 1 and Thing 2.  Not Ms. Brown and Mrs. Green!
While we were Thing 1 and Thing 2 our students were cats!  They wore these super cute hats from Really Good Stuff.

After lunch while we were working on some fun Cat in the Hat activities my aunt, who is teaching at my school for 12 weeks, called my room and asked if she could bring her 3rd graders and come "look at us."  So they came and paraded through our room, took a look at us, and walked out!!!
We were quite a hit at our little school today! 

We worked on some great learning activities from a unit I purchased from teacherspayteachers.com. 
I really like the Dr. Seuss patterns and beginning sound worksheets that are included witht this unit. 
It isn't too late to get this great unit.

I loved this glyph from The Virtual Vine

Mrs. Larremore has a great blog that I follow.  She put together an amazing unit on Dr. Seuss, and it is free!  We made the cutest cats today from her unit.



Such a FUN day!!!

Tomorrow is Wacky Wednesday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...