Sunday, November 14, 2010

veteran's day

I enjoyed my day off on Thursday!  I have been sick for about 3 weeks now.  It has been one thing after another.  I needed the day to rest and not be around more germs.  My students have been sick too.  This past week I had at least 4 out each day!!!  I hope this next week will be better.
On Friday our school had a special Veteran's Day celebration.  Veterans from the community and staff and student's family members were invited to be honored.  Our school has had this celebration for about 9 years.  My Dad was in the Air Force and served in Vietnam.  I was so excited for him and my Mom to come!  As they walked out with the other Veterans my students were excited to see someone they knew!  It was a great service.  The pep band from the high school came, our 4th grade choir sang, and a bag pipe player played.  I thought it was neat for our students to see a diverse group of music.  A group of students read a play and the Veteran's were treated to a special breakfast. 
The Kindergarten classes wore the cutest headbands with stars on them and proudly waved American flags.  My students were so excited to be apart of the service and hear the music and wave those flags. 

I am so thankful for my Dad and for the other Veterans who have served our country and who are currently serving!  My Dad is such a great man and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful Dad who loves me and our country!  Thanks Dad for your service, sacrifice, and love!!!!!!!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...