Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother Goose

Mother Goose is an imaginary author of nursery rhymes and fairy tales.  May 1st was Mother Goose Day. 
I think it is safe to say that only a teacher would have that date on her calender!   

When I was a little girl my dad apparently won his precious little girls a talking Mother Goose from our local county fair! 
As a little girl I loved listening to Mother Goose read to me and I always followed along with the book.  She had books and tapes that you could purchase.  Most of the books that she would read were fairy tales.  I loved watching her mouth move, eyes blink, and head twist side to side.  It made reading fun!  I loved her!
Mother Goose and me when I was around 3. 

So in honor of Mother Goose Day we spent the morning reading some nursery rhymes and fairy tales!
We also enjoyed listening to her read The Ugly Duckling!
My students were so amazed by her! 
Some were begging me to let them take her home!  I am so glad she is still in great condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...