Sunday, August 22, 2010

here we go!

Kids come this week!!!  It hit me today!  Eek!  I have a lot done but I keep on thinking of more to do.  I have been in workshops and trainings for the past couple of weeks.  I have felt just overloaded with information!  There is so much to being a first year teacher.  I am very very thankful to be going through this with another first year teacher at Grover in Kindergarten with me!  I am glad to be able to feel overwhelmed with her!  We have bonded a lot!!!  Thanks LeAnn for already being a good friend and I am glad we have one another!
There is so much I want to do in my classroom but I think I might have to work it in as the year goes.  A few things I am excited to be doing though is...
1.  Meet Slush!  He is a stuffed wolf (who is our school mascot) and he will listen to a lot of my kinder friends tattles.  I am sure he will fill me in on the things I need to know in the afternoon. 

2.  Chance Tickets.  Every day each student will start with 3 chance tickets.  After their second warning and the student moves their clip to yellow the student must give me a chance ticket.  Every warning after that they must give me a chance ticket as well.  At the end of the day if the students have any tickets left then they can put them in a container I have.  On Fridays I will then draw out 2 tickets and those students cards I drew will be able to pick a prize out of a bigger prize box.  I have to get some things for this though.  I am thinking some candy bars, Homework passes, and some other special things I can think of. 
3.  Mystery Reader.  Each week I am going to have a mystery reader come to my classroom and read a story.  This can be a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc.  I have decided that if I don't have a lot of response then I will invite people from the community or school.  I think this will be fun and exciting for the students.  I am going to save some special books for those mystery readers just in case. 

4.  School Tour.  LeAnn and I have decided we want to tour the school in a fun way this year for our students.  We have heard of different ways to do this using books but we have decided to use Eric Carle's Brown Bear Brown Bear book.  We will read the story then read a little note that the animals have escaped and we have to go around the school to find them.  We have not gotten this all planned out but we are going to go to the cafeteria, media center, gym, office, assistant principal, principal. 


Tomorrow is orientation!  I will hopefully get to meet all of my 21 kindergartners and their families.  I still have a couple of boxes to go through and some cleaning to do but other than that I think I am ready to meet them.  Tuesday is our last teacher workday so I will really have to work on some lesson plans and just prepare myself to be the best teacher I can be this year.  Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will be a staggered entry.  I will have 7 each day.  That will be nice!  Then I will really have to prepare myself for Monday when all 21 come! 
I am excited about what God has planned for me this year.  Please keep me in your prayers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...