Saturday, April 30, 2011

brain sprinkles

Thursday was test day.  Writing test day.  We were given a prompt and each student had to write and draw about the prompt.  Before I gave the student their prompt I reminded each student of how smart they were and how I knew they were going to do great on their test!  After their pep talk I gave each student some brain sprinkles! 
They had to close their eyes as I sprinkled their brain and tell themselves how smart they were!

After a little while of working and I noticed the students were finished I let the students know they had a few more minutes to work. 
One student started to cry so I quickly walked over to him and asked him what was wrong.  He told me that he didn't have his sentence yet.  I encouraged him and suggested some more brain sprinkles.  He said in a very pouty voice, "no, because those things don't even work!" 
I told him that they do actually work but maybe he just needed a little more.  I gave him some more and made sure to rub them in this time!!!!

I plan to use the brain sprinkles more because by the end of the day I had a student come up to me and say, "Ms. Brown, I think those sprinkles are growing in my brain."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...