Thursday, December 23, 2010

making math fun

I found the perfect size gingerbread men cookies at Ingles last week, and so I had to get and use them!!!  I didn't know how my students would react to eating the gingerbread.  All but one like it and the one who didn't tasted it.
I gave each student a cookie, and once everyone had one we all took 1 bite!  Then they couldn't eat the rest until they graphed the body part they had eaten first.  They did a great job even though the gingerbread man was tempting them to finish eating him!!! 
After the graph and eating was over, I asked the students questions about the math.  I asked why they ate what they ate first.  Their responses were pretty funny! Some responses included...
...wanting him to have a broken leg.
...wanting him to be like the pirate gingerbread men with a peg leg like we read about.
...to be funny.
...not wanting him to see.
...wanting him to run around with no head
Kindergartners didn't know that math could be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...