Wednesday, August 24, 2011

school starts tomorrow!!!

Ahhh!  School starts tomorrow!  I remember how I felt the night before school started last year.  I was nervous and anxious.  I do not really feel that way this year.  I am more excited and anxious!  I am glad I know this year what to expect...if you really can predict Kindergarten, and I am so excited!  I have worked a lot in my room these past few days.  Special thanks to my parents, assistant, and boyfriend!  They have been a huge help!  I have changed a lot in my room, and I think that every teacher needs some new change to help get excited about the year.  At the end of last school year I made a wish list and included a classroom rug and a new bookshelf.  My principal bought both for me!  I was super excited to put those in my room.  I also had my desk removed.  I love having the extra space.  The new bookshelf now is home to cute baskets filled with my stuff and of course lots of books.  My new reading center is so cozy, and I can't wait to start reading to my kinders tomorrow! ( I will post some pictures of my room soon!)
"Meet the Teacher" was Monday afternoon.  It was great to put a face with a name.  I was so excited to meet the parents and the students.  I have a feeling it is going to be another awesome year!  I had some former students come back and give me big hugs.  It was such a great feeling for them to want to come see me.  I even got a seashell from one student! 
Tomorrow I have half of my class and then Friday the other half come.  I am ready to get this year started.  I can't wait to spend the day with my new students. 
Our school theme this year is Reach for the Stars.  Kindergarten put our own little spin on it.  We are doing Kindergarten Rocks/Kindergarten Rock Stars.  Here is the board outside my room!  I think it is pretty funny.  My assistant thinks I am crazy.  I am okay with that!

Here is to an awesome year in Kindergarten!  I know that each child is in my room for a reason.  I am excited to teach them and to love them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...