Sunday, August 26, 2012

around my room 2012 edition

Setting up my classroom, making new posters and crafts, and getting new pens and markers makes me so excited for the year to start.  I have spent many hours working in my classroom the past week.  I think it is important to love my classroom since it is really my home away from home.  I want my classroom to be fun and inviting.  I hope that is what I have achieved for this school year. 


I rearranged my reading center.  I feel that it has opened up this space.  I hope it gives more room to spread out and read!

I have decied to use some of the http://wholebrainteaching.com/ rules procedures this year.  I found these rules on pinterest from http://www.3rdgradethoughts.com/!  Check out her blog she has some great ideas.

My boyfriend told me he was making something for my classroom.  I couldn't figure out what it was at all.  I was so excited to find out that it was a book bag tree.  He made it himself!  I am so proud to display it in my classroom. 

 
I bought these curtains at Ikea to help hide some things that might be a distraction to my kinders and it makes me look more organized!
 

I had these last year, but I added some more pom poms!  I am a little addicted to them!  Not allowing myself to make more right now though!

Each year we have a new school theme.  Our school voted this year "Wild about Learning."  In kindergarten we decided to put our own little twist on it and decided to use monsters.  I love how cute and fun they are!

This is the board outside of my classroom.  I found my inspiration from pinterest!

My assistant painted our back door with chalkboard paint at the beginning of the week.  I am excited for my kinders to be able to write and draw on the door during center time. 
The next three days will be staggered days.  We have a third of our kinders.  I plan to take their picture in front of the door and share the picture with their parents.
 
Here we go!  Let's get the wild year started!!!
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...