Tuesday, January 17, 2012

surprise birthday!

Today was a student's birthday.  6 is such a special age!  I love when a student has his birthday during the school week.  I like to make a big deal about birthdays.  I give fake birthday spankings!  They think it is so funny because I pretend to spank them, but I do not touch them!  We sing, and I give each of them a giant pixie stick!  They love it!!!
After lunch our birthday boy's dad brought some cupcakes to share with the class.  As our birthday boy walked out the door he asked my assistant if the class could hide, and when he came back in everyone could yell "surprise!"  So of course we did!!!!  We all hid, and when he came in we surprised him and sang happy birthday!  He had the biggest smile on his face! 
Definitely the highlight of my day!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for an award! Hop over to my blog to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...